[Dovecot-news] v2.2.14 released
tss at iki.fi
Tue Oct 14 16:53:43 UTC 2014
Looks like it took a bit longer to make this release after RC1 than I thought. I'm now in San Jose area for a few months and still jumping between apartments and trying to adjust to the new timezone.
Some of the more important fixes since RC1:
- Fixed several race conditions with dovecot.index.cache handling that
may have caused unnecessary "cache is corrupted" errors.
- auth: If auth client listed userdb and disconnected before finishing,
the auth worker process got stuck (and eventually all workers could
get used up and requests would start failing).
Some of the larger changes since v2.2.13:
* lmtp: Delivered-To: header no longer contains <> around the email
address. Other MDAs don't have it either.
* "Out of disk space" errors are now treated as temporary errors
(not the same as "Out of disk quota").
* replication plugin: Use replication only for users who have a
non-empty mail_replica setting.
+ lmtp proxy: Log a line about each mail delivery.
+ Added login_source_ips setting. This can be used to set the source IP
address round-robin from a pool of IPs (in case you run out of TCP
+ Rawlog settings can use tcp:<host>:<port> as the path.
+ virtual plugin: Don't keep more than virtual_max_open_mailboxes
(default 64) number of backend mailboxes open.
+ SSL/TLS compression can be disabled with ssl_options=no_compression
+ acl: Global ACL file now supports "quotes" around patterns.
+ Added last-login plugin to set user's last-login timestamp on login.
+ LDAP auth: Allow passdb credentials lookup also with auth_bind=yes
- IMAP: MODSEQ was sent in FETCH reply even if CONDSTORE/QRESYNC wasn't
enabled. This broke at least old Outlooks.
- passdb static treated missing password field the same as an empty
- mdbox: Fixed potential infinite looping when scanning a broken
- imap-login, pop3-login: Fixed potential crashes when client
- imap proxy: The connection was hanging in some usage patterns. This
mainly affected older Outlooks.
- lmtp proxy: The proxy sometimes delivered empty mails in error
situations or potentially delivered truncated mails.
- fts-lucene: If whitespace_chars was set, we may have ended up
indexing some garbage words, growing the index size unnecessarily.
- -c and -i parameters for dovecot/doveadm commands were ignored if
the config socket was readable.
- quota: Quota recalculation didn't include INBOX in some setups.
- Mail headers were sometimes added to dovecot.index.cache in wrong
order. The main problem this caused was with dsync+imapc incremental
syncing when the second sync thought the local mailbox had changed.
- doveadm backup didn't notice if emails were missing from the middle
of the destination mailbox. Now it deletes and resyncs the mailbox.
More information about the Dovecot-news