[Dovecot-news] v2.2.18 released

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri May 15 11:11:49 UTC 2015

http://dovecot.org/releases/2.2/dovecot-2.2.18.tar.gz
http://dovecot.org/releases/2.2/dovecot-2.2.18.tar.gz.sig

Oops, director was somewhat broken in 2.2.17. I thought I tested the last changes in it well enough, but looks like not. To avoid all existing Dovecot director installations from breaking I decided to make 2.2.18 release quickly afterwards..

BTW. We're planning on making some changes soon to how version control is used in Dovecot development, which should help avoid these kind of problems. The main problem now is that everything gets directly committed to the master branch (although we have a separate more stable dovecot-ee repo also). The new plan is to do something like this: http://nvie.com/posts/a-successful-git-branching-model/

Besides some minor compiling issues and other small changes, the important ones are:

	- director: Login UNIX sockets were normally detected as doveadm or
	  director ring sockets, causing it to break in existing installations.
	- sdbox: When copying a mail in alt storage, place the destination to
	  alt storage as well.