[Dovecot] more transitional joys

Ian R. Justman ianj at ian-justman.com
Sun Aug 17 10:32:41 EEST 2003

Timo Sirainen wrote:

> On Fri, 2003-08-15 at 02:27, Eric S. Johansson wrote:
>
>>by the way, in recovering my old inbox I created a new imap mailbox and the
>>process keeps complaining about "invalid mask" and then lost my subscriptions to
>>all my mailboxes.  What's that all about?  Need a protocol trace?
>

> It's most likely that Mozilla bug. Or maybe you have set wrong IMAP
> prefix? It tries anyway to subscribe using '/' hierarchy separator while
> Dovecot wants '.'.

I've never had any problems subscribing to mailboxes using Netscape (I use
NS under Windows; I've had bad experiences with Moz under Windows).

Running Netscape 7.1, and am using the "Server supports folders that
contain sub-folders and messages" in the incoming server's advance
properties as unchecked since I use mbox.

--Ian.