[Dovecot] 1.0-test1 released

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at debian.org
Tue Apr 27 20:38:06 EEST 2004

On Sun, 25 Apr 2004, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> http://dovecot.org/test/
>
> I couldn't break this with Evolution with a few minutes of testing, so
> here's the first tarball release based on the new indexing code. Try if
> you're interested, but don't try it on any real mailboxes, or at least
> keep backups :)

Not quite 0day but I have prepared .debs and put them on
http://src.braincells.com/dovecot-test/.  These packages are deliberately
non-aptable. You need to download them and manually install them with dpkg
-i. Do not use them if you are at all worried about potentially losing
mail.

> Also note that dovecot-uidlist file format has changed a bit, Dovecot
> 0.99.x isn't able to read it anymore.
>
> Things to do:
>  - mbox code doesn't even compile, so it's disabled
>  - custom flags aren't implemented
>  - recent flags are broken
>  - cache file handling isn't working now, so it's disabled
>  - maildir syncing code isn't as well optimized as it used to be
>  - NFS-safety to indexes (pretty easy)

- make it work with gnutls10.

I have compiled the current versions with openssl because when using
gnutls7 it causes segfaults with other Debian libraries (e.g. LDAP) which
are now using gnutls10.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar at debian.org>