[Dovecot] dovecot-1.0-test65 + mysql build problem (sha1_result)

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun Apr 3 01:13:54 EEST 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-31 at 19:17 +0200, Michael Goth wrote:

> The version of mysql I'm using is 4.1.10a. Could this mean that dovecot
> uses a function ('sha1_result') that already exists in libmysqlclient.a?

Yes, and I'm not going to change it. Mysql is a library, and it's
library's job to keep the exported functions in a namespace that is
unlikely to conflict with the actual program that's trying to use the
library.

Maybe this is fixed in newer versions? I don't know. If not, I'd suggest
telling Mysql people to fix it. Dovecot won't be the only program having
trouble with it.