[Dovecot] dovecot stopping - no messages

Nigel Allen prosmart at jamesons.com.au
Wed Apr 27 01:09:03 EEST 2005

Hi,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Astonishingly, I came into the clients this morning and the damned thing
had not fallen over once.

I suspect the problem may have been imap related. I'll explain.

The machine was an upgrade from what was essentially a pop3 RH9
installation. We installed both the imap and pop features of dovecot in
order to continue the email to users (all set up to do pop3 at the
moment) and to test the imap features. The reason we left the pop stuff
alone is that the mailer they use on their windoze boxen grabs the mail
and stores it in it's own mailbox format.

The only thing I did yesterday was to take the lines referencing imap
out of the dovecot.conf and restart the service. It's been running like
a train ever since.

I can't spare time to investigate this now but will try it again once
the "busy" period of the switchover has happened.

Thanks again for the prompt response - hell of a product btw.

Rgds

Nigel.

--
Nigel Allen, Snr Consultant, ProSmart Consulting Australia
48 Tiarri Avenue, Terrey Hills, NSW 2084, Australia