[Dovecot] Dovecot configure script for 1.0b8 not including SQL drivers?

grant beattie grant at grunta.com
Tue Jun 6 20:35:32 EEST 2006

On Tue, Jun 06, 2006 at 07:56:59AM -0400, Will Buik wrote:

> >the problem may be that the shared libraries can't be found at
> >runtime, in which case you will need to set the rpath in the binaries
> >that are built. you didn't mention which platform/compiler you're
> >using, but this is done using the -Wl,-R<directory> argument for gcc
> >and Sun Studio compiler/Solaris ld, at least (-Wl passes the next
> >argument to the linker, -R tells the linker to include this path in the
> >binary's rpath).
>
> I looked at the config.log file and it doesn't look like it's having
> any problems with openssl, but when I looked for pgsql I got what
> looked like some errors.

interesting, do you have a static or dynamic openssl? I wonder what
the rpath looks like.

what platform is this?

> configure:29296: checking for PQconnectdb in -lpq
> | char PQconnectdb ();
> | PQconnectdb ();
> ac_cv_lib_pq_PQconnectdb=no
>
> /usr/local/pgsql-8.1.4/lib/libpq.so: undefined reference to `dlerror'
> /usr/local/pgsql-8.1.4/lib/libpq.so: undefined reference to `dlclose'
> /usr/local/pgsql-8.1.4/lib/libpq.so: undefined reference to `dlopen'
> /usr/local/pgsql-8.1.4/lib/libpq.so: undefined reference to `dlsym'

for some reason, your postgresql install is broken, and requires
symbols from libdl but libpq isn't linked against libdl.

a quick hack would be to add "-ldl" to your LDFLAGS, but the proper
fix would be having postgresql link against libdl at build time.

grant.