[Dovecot] 1.0beta8 won't start: Fatal: Protocol imaps given more than once

Mike Brudenell pmb1 at york.ac.uk
Fri May 12 15:35:05 EEST 2006

Footnote...

--On 12 May 2006 13:29:10 +0100 Mike Brudenell <pmb1 at york.ac.uk> wrote:

> Seems to be a problem with the initialisation of set->ssl_listen_fd
> therefore, as this should apparently be -1?  Is this likely to be
> something I've got wrong (wouldn't have thought so as 1.0beta7 is happy
> with the same config file) or is there a problem in 1.0beta8?

Looks like my problem may lie in src/master/main.c here:

#ifdef HAVE_SSL
    set->ssl_listen_port = set->protocol == MAIL_PROTOCOL_IMAP ? 993 : 995;
#else
    set->ssl_listen_port = 0;
#endif

Yet HAVE_SSL is definitely defined in config.h -- I've just checked yet
again!

If anyone has any ideas I'd be grateful, otherwise I'll pursue it further
after lunch.

Cheers,
Mike B-)

--
The Computing Service, University of York, Heslington, York Yo10 5DD, UK
Tel:+44-1904-433811  FAX:+44-1904-433740

* Unsolicited commercial e-mail is NOT welcome at this e-mail address. *