[Dovecot] LDA Problem

Alexander Dreweke a.dreweke at gmx.de
Tue May 23 15:28:49 EEST 2006

Hi

I'm having a problem with dovecot deliver. I'm using a dovecot version
1.0.beta8. As I am using a chrooted (/var/spool/postfix) postfix
(version: 2.2.10) with cyrus-sasl authentification (all working).
Postfix config is changed according to the http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA:

main.cf:
  mailbox_command = dovecot

master.cf:
  dovecot   unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
  flags=DRhu user=vmail:vmail argv=/usr/lib/dovecot/deliver -d
  ${recipient}

I have adopted the dovecot.conf also according to
http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA but changed the auth_socket_path to point
into the chroot of postfix. I have attached my dovecot.conf at the end
of this email.

The mails that are sent to the machine are not delivered at all. In the
mail-logfile I can see the following error message for each mail that
can't be deliverd:

postfix/pipe[21344]: BC254154E5BD: to=<root>, orig_to=<root>,
  relay=dovecot, delay=0, status=bounced (user unknown)

I've already search the net but could not find any clue how to solve
this. Can anyone give me a hint what to do?

cu
  Alexander

dovecot.conf:
protocols = imap imaps
listen = localhost
ssl_listen = *
first_valid_uid = 1000
first_valid_gid = 1000
mail_extra_groups = mail
mail_save_crlf = no
default_mail_env = maildir:/var/mail/%u
protocol imap {
}
protocol lda {
  postmaster_address = postmaster at domain.com
  auth_socket_path = /var/spool/postfix/var/run/dovecot-auth-master
}
log_timestamp = "%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S "
ssl_disable = no
ssl_cert_file = /etc/ssl/certs/executor.pem
ssl_key_file = /etc/ssl/private/executor.key
ssl_cipher_list = HIGH:MEDIUM
auth default {
  mechanisms = plain
  passdb pam {
  }
  userdb passwd {
  }
  user = root
    socket listen {
      master {
        path =
        /var/spool/postfix/var/run/dovecot-auth-master
        mode = 0660
        user = dovecot
        group = mail
      }

      client {
        path = /var/spool/postfix/var/run/dovecot-auth-client
        mode = 0660
        user = dovecot
        group = mail
      }