[Dovecot] Deliver: command time exceed limit

Dominique Feyer dfeyer at net4all.ch
Wed Nov 8 13:30:28 UTC 2006

      group = mail
    }
  user = dovecot
  count = 1
  #ssl_require_client_cert = no
  #ssl_username_from_cert = no
}

The socket is use by deliver ? Right ? So I can't set count to more than
1, if I do that dovecto don't start, the process try to create the
socket, but after the first process start, the socket exist.

I try to add an other section without socket to have more dovecot-auth
process:

auth normal {
  mechanisms = plain login
  passdb sql {
    args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-pgsql.conf
  }
  userdb sql {
    args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-pgsql.conf
  }
  user = dovecot
  count = 48
  #ssl_require_client_cert = no
  #ssl_username_from_cert = no
}

Our backend i a pgsql server with a average load of 0.10-0.15

/etc/dovecot/dovecot-pgsql.conf

driver = pgsql
connect = host=10.#.#.# dbname=mail user=mailreader password=secret
default_pass_scheme = CRYPT
password_query = SELECT password FROM users WHERE userid = '%u'
user_query = SELECT '/var/mail/'||home AS home, uid, gid FROM users
WHERE userid = '%u'

The CPU usage by dovecot-auth is quiet normal. The server has load
always under 0.8.

Thanks a lots for your help,