[Dovecot] maildirsize update error

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat Nov 18 20:31:48 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-11-16 at 16:07 -0500, Maykel Moya wrote:
> According to [1], Trash is a reserverd folder name. When moving a
> message to it, maildirsize should be update with a negative byte count.

Well, yea.. I'm ignoring that part of the Maildir++ spec. Perhaps it
could be done optionally, but I'm not sure if it's still that good of an
idea.

I think a better idea is to give Trash mailbox a bit of extra quota,
instead of unlimited quota. Unfortunately this won't work with v1.0's
quota plugin, but it is possible with my rewritten quota plugin:

http://dovecot.org/patches/1.0/quota-rewrite.diff

  # Quota plugin. Multiple backends are supported:
  #   dirsize: Find and sum all the files found from mail directory
  #   dict: Keep quota stored in dictionary (eg. SQL)
  #   maildir: Maildir++ quota
  #   fs: Read-only support for filesystem quota
  #
  # Quota limits are set using "quota_rule" parameters, either in here or in
  # userdb. It's also possible to give mailbox-specific limits, for example:
  #   quota_rule = *:storage=1048576
  #   quota_rule2 = Trash:storage=102400
  # User has now 1GB quota, but when saving to Trash mailbox the user gets
  # additional 100MB.
  #
  # Multiple quota roots are also possible, for example:
  #   quota = dict:user::/etc/dovecot-user-quota.conf
  #   quota2 = dict:domain:%d:/etc/dovecot-domain-quota.conf
  #   quota_rule = *:storage=102400
  #   quota2_rule = *:storage=1048576
  # Gives each user their own 100MB quota and one shared 1GB quota within
  # the domain.
  #quota = maildir