[Dovecot] Fwd: Received dates problem in Outlook after migration

James Wyper jrwyper at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Oct 12 07:49:13 UTC 2006

Having looked at this again, I think I have a hypothesis:

1.  Outlook is ignoring the date/timestamps on the files in my Maildirs
2.  The file names of my transferred files follow a similar pattern
(they start with near-identical numbers)
3.   Dovecot's file naming scheme for mails must relate somehow to the
date that they were created / transferred / received
4.   If I can therefore **rename** the files correctly to reflect their
sending date then I can fix my problem

Does this make sense?  Can anyone point me in the direction of a spec
that says how Dovecot names its files?

Thanks,
James.