[Dovecot] Shared folders plans for the future

Fintec mailing_list at fintec.co.nz
Tue Oct 31 20:45:38 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-10-30 at 10:24 +0200, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On 27.10.2006, at 5.26, Fintec wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 2006-10-24 at 20:24 +0300, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> >> I think the "public folders" configuration will stay as it is now.
> >> Does
> >> it really even need anything else?
> >
> > Hi Timo,
> >
> > As previously discussed on the list I'd love to see the ACL plug-in
> > work
> > with public folders and virtual users. Our mail server is 100% virtual
> > users so we currently have free for all public folders, it's an
> > accident
> > waiting to happen...
> >
> > All we require is to be able to set permissions on the server, doesn't
> > have to be user configurable.
>
> I think that should be possible? Create dovecot-acls file for each
> public folder with the people who have access to it. Or did you want
> groups or something?

I've tried this again with rc10 but the same problems exist.

Specifically our problems are:
1) dovecot-acl file within public namespace directory isn't found
2) global ACLs (vfile) partially work with virtual users but when used:
        a) non-ACL restricted public namespace directories stop working
        b) permitted users are unable to view or create sub-folders

See: http://dovecot.org/pipermail/dovecot/2006-August/015058.html and
rest of thread for more details.

Gavin