[Dovecot] AppleMail 1.3 filter problem [solved] / fc5 package of 1.0rc7
bill at bfccomputing.com
Sun Sep 10 20:52:39 EEST 2006
I recently migrated from courier-imapd to dovecot when I migrated a
machine from rh9 to fc5.
I managed to hit a snag with the 1.0b8 version of dovecot that's
currently in fc5. With AppleMail 1.3 I was seeing most of my incoming
mail go missing. To make a long story short, AppleMail was applying
mail filters inappropriately (walking right past a 'stop processing'
rule and moving my incoming mail into folders specified for Act-On
actions). This made the AppleMail 1.3 client unusable with 1.0b8.
Before complaining here I figured I ought to try the current version,
and, sure enough, 1.0rc7 fails to cause AppleMail to go insane like
1.0b8 did. I'm not sure which change between b8 and rc7 is the
important one, but rc7 seems to work well.
I saw the pointer on the Wiki to the ATRPM's repository which had a
current RPM, but looking at the included patches in their SRPM they
seem to be doing things somewhat differently than the Fedora guys are
(default settings, etc.), so, I figured for my machine I'd rather stay
as close to the Fedora methodology to make future upgrades perhaps less
painful. To that end I took the SRPM for b8 from fc5 and modified it
as little as possible to make it work with 1.0rc7. One bugfix patch
was left out as that seems to have been fixed in the Dovecot source
during the interim period.
I put the resulting RPM and SRPM up here:
in case anybody wants to use it, review it, merge it into Fedora Core,
their repo, etc. I'm neither an RPM packing nor Dovecot source expert
and I've only tested it lightly, but I'm using it currently and haven't
Bill McGonigle, Owner Work: 603.448.4440
BFC Computing, LLC Home: 603.448.1668
bill at bfccomputing.com Cell: 603.252.2606
http://www.bfccomputing.com/ Page: 603.442.1833
More information about the dovecot