[Dovecot] Problem moving emails with attachments or HTML links

J. Wren Hunt wrenhunt at fmail.co.uk
Thu Feb 15 17:33:12 UTC 2007

Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-02-09 at 07:48 -0500, J. Wren Hunt wrote:
>
>>If I try to move a message from one IMAP folder to another, all works
>>fine if the message is plain text. However, *sometimes* the message
>>will
>>not be transferred if it contains either an attachment and/or an HTML
>>link (operation times-out).
>

> Are you moving the message within the Dovecot, or are you moving between
> Dovecot and some local mailbox, or to some other IMAP server?
>
> If it's within Dovecot, it's copied using IMAP's COPY command and I
> can't really think of why it would timeout there. What client are you
> using?

That's a good point Timo and one which I hadn't necessarily thought of!
After thinking about it, I realize that these problems happen when I
move messages from a commercial IMAP email provider (fastmail.fm) to my
own, home server (running Dovecot 1.0.rc15 on Ubuntu).  In all cases my
client of choice is Thunderbird 1.x & 2.x run from an equal mix of
Windows, Mac OS/X and Linux platforms.

Wren