[Dovecot] "Not connected to database" MySQL errors

Cassidy B. Larson alandaluz at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 17:01:44 UTC 2007

> You could try if the attached patch logs something more useful. I
> doubt it though. I don't really see how to debug this any better
> without looking into what the MySQL library does internally. You
> could see what ktrace shows though. Does the MySQL library close()
> the connection, or does it receive some "connection closed" error?

Tried the patch and get this:
mysql_query() failed: Lost connection to MySQL server during query

Could it be that MySQL just doesn't like having CALL used as a
> replacement for SELECT, and while newer versions directly say that,
> the older versions just go and do random disconnects or whatever?

Why would MySQL drop my connections every minutes or so? This is very
strange. The issue can re-occur on 5.0.27, although I got the 'commands out
of sync' stuff.

I ended up using some SQL voodoo and making a big SELECT statement out of my
"CALL".
Not sure if it's a surprise or not..but no dropped connections when using
SELECT. Same load.

Cassidy