[Dovecot] Received Dates/Squirrelmail

Jeff Grossman jeff at stikman.com
Thu Nov 1 21:52:30 EET 2007

I am trying to figure out an issue I have with the e-mails in my inbox
showing up in Squirrelmail.  I sometimes get (more often than I care for
it to happen) e-mails which show up as new either many hours ago or days
ago.  I have one particular e-mail that in Squirrelmail is showing a data
of Tue, 8:23PM.

The received header of that e-mail shows:

        by apple.stikman.com (8.14.1/8.14.1/Debian-9) with ESMTP id
lA1JGTli011052
        for <x>; Thu, 1 Nov 2007 12:16:35 -0700

And the date header of that e-mail shows:

Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 23:23:11 -0400

I have tried changing the Squirrelmail setting under Display Settings
which says Use Received Date.  Both options, yes and no makes the mail
display the same way in Squirrelmail.  Is this a problem with the way
Dovecot is sending the information to Squirrelmail, or is this a problem
with the way Squirrelmail is interpreting the data from Dovecot?

Dovecot version is 1.1beta5
Squirrelmail is version 1.4.11

Thanks for any help you can offer me.

Jeff