[Dovecot] Dismal Dovecot log messages

Bob Gustafson bobgus at rcn.com
Wed Apr 9 17:38:53 EEST 2008

Hi

I have been getting messages like this in my log for a long time
(years). I thought it was due to an early beta Dovecot that I installed
which had lda-deliver and sieve support, or perhaps saturation of my
400mhz machine.

I finally moved to a healthier machine (dual core 1.8Ghz. 3Gb) for my
gateway functions, upgrading to Fedora 8 with a distribution sanctioned
version of Dovecot.

[user1 at hoho4 ~]$ rpm -q dovecot       -> dovecot-1.0.13-6.fc8
[user1 at hoho4 ~]$ rpm -q dovecot-sieve -> dovecot-sieve-1.0.2-6.fc8

I recently went through and did a selinux relabel as well (those
messages have stopped..)

However, I am still getting corrupted index messages.

I don't think I am losing email, but the messages are a concern.

What can I do?

Bob G