[Dovecot] Lots of assertion PANICs in error log
Yates Ian Mr (ITCS)
I.Yates at uea.ac.uk
Sun Aug 31 15:20:45 EEST 2008
That patch certainly worked for me!
I unpacked dovecot 1.1.2 into a directory, copied the patch into there and ran:
patch -p1 -i patchfilename.patch
Then configured and compiled/installed as normal and all was well!
If you are applying the patch to a dovecot 1.1.2 source that you have already compiled from, you might want to do a "make distclean" to remove any existing compiled code that might confuse make before you configure/compile/install just to ensure the patch is compiled in.
From: dovecot-bounces+i.yates=uea.ac.uk at dovecot.org on behalf of Timo Sirainen
Sent: Sat 30/08/2008 09:37
To: Eric Jon Rostetter
Cc: dovecot at dovecot.org
Subject: Re: [Dovecot] Lots of assertion PANICs in error log
On Fri, 2008-08-29 at 11:03 -0500, Eric Jon Rostetter wrote:
> Quoting Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi>:
> > On Fri, 2008-08-29 at 09:49 +0100, Yates Ian Mr (ITCS) wrote:
> >> I have just upgraded to dovecot 1.1.2 and am seeing lots of the
> >> following panic messages filling up the error logs:
> >> dovecot: Aug 29 09:34:32 Panic: IMAP(user): file index-sync.c: line 39
> >> (index_mailbox_set_recent_uid): assertion failed:
> >> (seq_range_exists(&ibox->recent_flags, uid))
> > This patch should help:
> > http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-1.1/rev/8cc0eaec7d0f
> I applied that patch last night, and I'm still seeing the same errors...
> So unless I didn't get the patch right, there is still something amiss...
I'm hoping it's the "didn't get patch right" ;) I don't really have any
other ideas right now, let's wait and see what others report..
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 5296 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://dovecot.org/pipermail/dovecot/attachments/20080831/c8eb9a64/attachment.bin
More information about the dovecot