[Dovecot] Multiple domains with shared Folder - how to?

Uldis Pakuls neko at it4u.lv
Mon Dec 22 17:53:44 EET 2008

Volker Siebelink wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I set up Dovecot so that I now have about 20 domains on my mailserver.
> So far everything works fine.
> Now I have the need to set up shared maildirs, but they shall only be
> shared for the users of just one domain. What do I have to do?
>
> Thanks in advance for any hint!
>
> Volker
Depends on your configuration (virtual/real users, mailbox format, etc.)
If you use virtual users and share one uid for all virtual users things
are easy.  Use symlinks.
If uid is not one for all users, you'll need to have a dovecot-shared
file in each shared maildir.
read http://wiki.dovecot.org/SharedMailboxes

Uldis