[Dovecot] Using deliver from Getmail?

Andreas Ntaflos daff at pseudoterminal.org
Tue Jan 15 01:46:03 EET 2008

On Monday 14 January 2008 22:15:48 mouss wrote:
> Andreas Ntaflos wrote:
> > On Monday 14 January 2008 18:47:27 Evaggelos Balaskas wrote:
> >> This is part of my getmailrc
> >>
> >> [destination]
> >> type = MDA_external
> >> path = /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/deliver
> >> user = ebal
> >> group = mail
> >> arguments = ( '-d', 'ebal' )
> >>
> >> i use getmail + dovecot + sieve + spamassassin [filter getmail]
> >> at all of my accounts.
> >
> > I can't seem to be too far off with my configuration, but it's just not
> > working yet. Your user "ebal" is part of the group "mail", I gather?
>
> I don't think this matters. he runs deliver as the user who owns the
> mailbox (see -d argument).

Does that mean that one, and only one, user may be running deliver manually
(or from Getmail) to get his mail? This would make it quite impossible for a
server with multiple real system users to use Getmail and deliver mail via
Dovecot's LDA, wouldn't it?

Or am I not seeing the obvious solution to this problem?

Andreas
--
Andreas "daff" Ntaflos
Vienna, Austria

GPG Fingerprint: 6234 2E8E 5C81 C6CB E5EC  7E65 397C E2A8 090C A9B4