[Dovecot] filename format question

Kyle Wheeler kyle-dovecot at memoryhole.net
Fri Sep 5 01:12:44 EEST 2008

On Thursday, September  4 at 06:51 PM, quoth Giorgenes Gelatti:
> Is it possible to configure the filename format in dovecot? For
> example, to change from "unique,W=size:2,FLAGS" to
> "unique,size.hostname:2,FLAGS_unique2"?

There's no config option for it, but it's theoretically possible to do
just about anything. Generally, though, the format of those filenames
is defined by the Maildir standard. Changing the filename as you
suggest would likely break other mail programs that might access those
Maildir folders.

I suppose the question is: why would you want to change that?

~Kyle
--
It is better to dwell in the wilderness than with a contentious and an
angry woman.