[Dovecot] error in 1.1.2

Cor Bosman cor at xs4all.nl
Tue Sep 9 18:10:40 EEST 2008

> If copying a single mail takes longer than the dotlocking timeout,
> another process may have overridden the lock file and caused errors.
> And since it took so long, maybe PHP or something timed out.
>
> This should help figuring out if the problem is due to timeouts:
> http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-1.1/rev/241097889792

Ive got this patch running on a server, but im not seeing any additional
log entries. Here's one that just came by on the server that I added
your last patch to.

Sep  9 15:39:07 userimap3.xs4all.nl dovecot: IMAP(xxxxxx): rename(/var/spool/mail/dovecot-control/indexes/a/an/xxxxxx/.Vergadering Plenair/dovecot.index.cache.lock, /var/spool/mail/dovecot-control/indexes/a/an/xxxxxx/.Vergadering Plenair/dovecot.index.cache) failed: No such file or directory
Sep  9 15:39:07 userimap3.xs4all.nl dovecot: IMAP(xxxxxx): file_dotlock_replace() failed with index cache file /var/spool/mail/dovecot-control/indexes/a/an/xxxxxx/.Vergadering Plenair/dovecot.index.cache: No such file or directory

I see no difference on 1.1.3, i still get errors. And the patch you sent me
in your first reply also doesnt change things.

Only thing that seems to work is just moving away from dotlock/nfs, but im not
sure that fixes the actual error people are reporting. I just dont see the
error log entry anymore (obviously).

Cor