[Dovecot] dovecot-shared Problem

Darius Bohni d.bohni at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 17:25:35 EET 2009

Hi,

first, sorry for my english, i hope u understand me :-/

I try to set up dovecot with imap and maildir. I run into a permission
problem.
I need to have read and execute rights of all folders and mails for the
group (needed by the backup deamon).

first I tried with umask, but this only affect folders and no mails. Then I
read about dovecot-shared and tried this. Permissions are now ok but and
this is a big but., I have troubles with thunderbird.

I copied a folder from an pop3 account to the imap account
(Inbox->subfolder). Now all mails are unread. OK i mark all as read. Now I
move a message to the inbox and back to the subfolder an wonder, the mail is
now marked as unreaded again.

When i set up the mailboxes without the dovecot-shared file, the behaviour
above is gone!! But my permission problem is back :-(

Permissions of dovecot-shared is 750 and the mainfolder is 750 with g+s

can anybody help me?

thank u alot

grz.
fr3ak4l