[Dovecot] Understanding dovecot ACLs

Sascha Wilde wilde at intevation.de
Wed Feb 11 14:50:05 EET 2009

Achim Hut <a.hut at digital-impact.de> writes:
[...]
> What i need is a scenario, where user1 can get (for example) full
> access to the folders of user2, read-only access to user3 etc.
> A real world example:
> Secretary has full access to the mailfolders of her boss, boss has
> read-only acces to the sales-department folder.

Full support for shared user folders (like in your example) is a new
feature in the upcoming dovecot 1.2 release.

It might be possible to hack up what you need with dovecot 1.1.x but I'd
say it isn't worth the trouble -- instead I'd recommend to beta-test
1.2.  :-)

cheers
sascha
--
Sascha Wilde                                          OpenPGP key: 4BB86568
http://www.intevation.de/~wilde/                  http://www.intevation.de/