[Dovecot] lda deliver + vpopmail

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Nov 23 23:01:53 EET 2009

On Thu, 2009-11-19 at 08:14 +0100, Stéphane Cottin wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm enjoying using dovecot deliver with qmail+vpopmail+dspam.
> It works mostly fine, I like the indexing and sieve features with dovecot deliver.
>
> I would like to get more details on trouble, the log entry is just :
>
> "
> 2009-11-18_20:38:55.64778 delivery 50833: deferral:
> "
>
> As you see, there no reason for the deferral. How can I make deliver more verbose ?

Maybe calling deliver with -e parameter adds some text there? Anyway
deliver also logs to its own log file where it puts the reason.

> I also have a vpopmail alias issue.
> Because some domains (sadly) needs a catchall, and to keep using the useful vpopmail alias features, I'm using the following ugly script :

Aliases are typically expanded by MTA. Can't qmail do that?

deliver can also do userdb lookup. If your users are stored in SQL, you
could bypass vpopmail and just do the SQL lookup directly.