[Dovecot] Problem with dovecot configuration + mysql (I think)

Rene Bakkum rene.bakkum at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 18:29:28 EET 2009

> ---------------------
>
> Nov 28 20:08:27 myhost postfix/smtpd[5087]: connect from
> smtp5-g21.toto.com [1.2.3.4]
> Nov 28 20:08:27 myhost postfix/smtpd[5087]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from
> smtp5-g21.toto.com [1.2.3.4]: 554 5.7.1 <mymail at test.com>: Relay
> access denied; from=<outside-mail at toto.com> to=<mymail at test.com>
> proto=ESMTP helo=<smtp5-g21.toto.com>
> Nov 28 20:08:28 myhost postfix/smtpd[5087]: disconnect from
> smtp5-g21.toto.com [1.2.3.4]

> What do you think is the problem ?
The problem is not in your dovecot configuration, but in your postfix
configuration.
Relay access denied means that the server is not relaying for you.
Either the domain is not in the relay list or you are not allowed to
send e-mail through your server to other servers (being an open-relay)
which is a good thing!

- Rene