[Dovecot] dsync not copying all mail

Nick Rosier nick+dovecot at bunbun.be
Mon Jan 10 15:59:34 EET 2011

Hi,

I'm still trying to migrate from Dovecot 1.2.16 to 2.0.7 on FreeBSD.
Previous attempts have failed with mails not being visible after the
upgrade. Version 1.2.16 was migrated from maildir to dbox about a year
ago via the convert-plugin. After previous attempts to "clean" the
hybrid maildir-dbox situation I used imapsync to copy all mails from the
old account to a new account. I would assume in this case I get a clean
dbox-mailmap. I tried to run dsync on this new map but noticed a lot of
mails are not syncing:

[vmail at mail ~]$ find /vmail2/new/bunbun.be/nick | wc -l
     5329
[vmail at mail ~]$ find /vmail2/old/bunbun.be/nick | wc -l
     6134

Any ideas?
N.