[Dovecot] BUG:v2.0.9 + expire plugin segfault

Nikita Koshikov koshikov at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 10:12:27 EET 2011

Hello list,

New version of dovecot segfaulting with expire plugin(sqlite db). Steps to reproduce:
1)DB file has permitions:
-rw-r--r-- 1 mail mail 87040 Янв 17 10:04 /var/mail/expire.db

2)Dict dovecot config section:
service dict {
  # If dict proxy is used, mail processes should have access to its socket.
  # For example: mode=0660, group=vmail and global mail_access_groups=vmail
  unix_listener dict {
    mode = 0600
    user = mail
  }
  #user = mail
}

3)Trying to add new record to database I get:
Jan 17 10:03:12 dict: Error: sqlite: exec(INSERT INTO expires (expire_stamp,username,mailbox) VALUES ('1294852805','user at domain.com','Trash')) fail
ed: attempt to write a readonly database (8)
Jan 17 10:03:12 IMAP(user at domain.com 192.168.2.252): Error: read(/var/run/dovecot/dict) failed: Remote disconnected
Jan 17 10:03:12 master: Error: service(dict): child 13957 killed with signal 11 (core not dumped)

This crash has gone after service dict got enough permission to access db file(user mail in my case).

Don't know how to get backtrace with dict service, but can reproduce crash any time.