[Dovecot] Performance-Tuning

Jahnke-Zumbusch, Dirk dirk.jahnke-zumbusch at desy.de
Tue Nov 8 17:03:24 EET 2011

Hi there,

>I never tried it, but it should be possible to provide the mail_location
>from the user repsoitory (LDAP, SQL, whatever)

Actually this works :-)  Our userdb looks similar to:

account1:xyz:000:000::/account1s/home/dir::userdb_mail=maildir:/account1s/home/dir/Maildir
account2:xyz:000:000::/account2s/home/dir::userdb_mail=mdbox:/ account2s/home/dir

http://wiki2.dovecot.org/UserDatabase/ExtraFields

Concerning Maildir backups: what about a backup-to-disc-to-tape scheme
using snapshots for the "to-disc" part and something like perpetual
incrementals afterwards for the "top-tape" (secondary store) ?

Regards
Dirk
--
Dirk Jahnke-Zumbusch              Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron DESY
IT Information Fabrics              Member of the Helmholtz Association