[Dovecot] Questions about Proxy/Director

Patrick Westenberg pw at wk-serv.de
Fri Nov 25 11:02:19 EET 2011

 On Fri, 25 Nov 2011 09:17:15 +0100, Jan-Frode Myklebust
 <janfrode at tanso.net> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 11:58:01PM +0100, Patrick Westenberg wrote:
>>
>> What is your frontend configuration?
>
> The frontend is two servers running dovecot director, and ucarp for
> managing failover ip-addresses.

 Two additional directors or the two directors from your posted config
 (.15/.17)?

 Will I have to configure external IPs for the backend servers or just
 internal for the connections to and from the directors?
 I'm not sure if the director "redirects" the connections to the backend
 servers or if they pass through on the internal network.

>> How many users do you have that you need that many backend servers?
>
> I don't think I'm allowed to share that externally, sorry. This is
> the
> mail-system of an ISP, so we have quite a few users.. :-)

 Ok :-)