[Dovecot] LDAP expired password

rpalmarin rpalmarin at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 9 18:57:44 EET 2011

Sven Hartge <sven <at> svenhartge.de> writes:

> Nikolaos Milas <nmilas <at> noa.gr> wrote:
> > On 1/4/2011 11:09 πμ, Sven Hartge wrote:
>
> >> Have a look at the ppolicy slapd.overlay. This will solve your
> >> problem.

hello all
Sorry for the delay in the response
I checked the ppolicy overlay but without success. This overlay does not have a
single "password expired" attribute to put in the user_filter.

currently my dovecot-ldap.conf contain:

user_filter (&(|( = uid =% u) (employeeNumber =% u)) (objectClass =
inetOrgPerson) (accountStatus = active))

> At my university we introduced our own attribute gifb-status which
> contains a "1" if an account is valid, a "0" if it is not (and several
> others for different purposes) and our ldap-filters all contain
> something like "(&(ou=foobar)(gifb-status=1))".

is possible that the only way to do this is to manage a new attribute?  how can
understand  all the people that have configured the mail client to authenticate
with imap-dovecot that their passoword has expired?

thanks
/ roby