[Dovecot] MySQL server has gone away

Paul B. Henson henson at acm.org
Sat Jan 14 03:54:29 EET 2012

On 1/13/2012 10:29 AM, Mark Moseley wrote:

> connection prior to this, is the auth worker not recognizing its
> connection is already half-closed (in which case, it probably
> shouldn't even consider it a legitimate connection and just
> automatically reconnect, i.e. try #1, not the retry, which would
> happen after another failure).

I don't think there's any way to tell from the mysql api that the server
has closed the connection short of trying to use it and getting that
specific error. I suppose that specific error could be special cased as
an immediate "try again with no penalty" rather than considered a failure.

--
Paul B. Henson  |  (909) 979-6361  |  http://www.csupomona.edu/~henson/
Operating Systems and Network Analyst  |  henson at csupomona.edu
California State Polytechnic University  |  Pomona CA 91768