[Dovecot] newbie: keep getting same emails in mail client

neuronetv neuronetv at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 00:33:57 EEST 2012

dovecot-2.0.9-2.el6_1.1.i686
I've just set up dovecot in centos 6.2 (server install) and finally got it
working (kind of). I set up a unix user (not a virtual user) sent a test
email to this user but in my mail client I keep getting this test email over
and over again. I don't think the fault is with the email client because
other emails work fine and never duplicate and I've tweaked the account
settings too, so it must be something I've done wrong in the dovecot setup.
Here is my dovecot.conf file:

# Dovecot configuration file
protocols = pop3 imap
disable_plaintext_auth = no
mail_location = mbox:~/mail:INBOX=/var/spool/mail/unix-username
ssl_cert = </etc/pki/dovecot/certs/dovecot.pem
ssl_key = </etc/pki/dovecot/private/dovecot.pem
passdb {
  driver = pam
}
userdb {