[Dovecot] spamc can't seem to call /usr/lib/dovecot/deliver

Bill Shirley Bill at KnoxvilleChristian.org
Wed Oct 24 18:47:07 EEST 2012

On 10/24/2012 2:33 AM, Robert Schetterer wrote:
> Am 24.10.2012 03:32, schrieb Bill Shirley:
>> What is your mailbox_command in main.cf?  I just use:
>> mailbox_command = /usr/bin/spamc -u "$USER" -e
>> /usr/lib64/dovecot/deliver -a "$RECIPIENT" -f "$SENDER" -m "$EXTENSION"
>>
>> I don't need anything in master.cf.  But you should be using -u ${user}
>> for spamc.
> long time ago i tested this with dovecot lda postfix master.cf
> with a total virtual setup
>
> dovecot   unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
>    flags=DRhu user=vmail:vmail argv=/usr/bin/spamc -e
> /usr/lib/dovecot/deliver -f ${sender} -d ${recipient}
>
> but i strongly do not recommand this !!!
>
> use spamass-milter, amavis etc with  dovecot lmtp
> as described on many sites
>

> Best Regards
> MfG Robert Schetterer

Can you get per-user Spamassassin configs this way?

Why user=vmail:vmail?  Is this for virtual domains?  I didn't think we
were talking about them.

Instead of strongly recommending against this, why not elaborate on the
problems with using spamc in the mailbox_command?

Bill