[Dovecot] [OT] How do I convert maildir to bsmtp format?

Marc Perkel marc at perkel.com
Sun Oct 7 22:47:44 EEST 2012

Here's what I'm trying to do. I have a spam filtering operation as a
front end for other servers. I've created a virtual server for spam
storage where the user will be able to log in using squirrelmail/dovecot
to review and release their spam. The email is stored in maildir format.

Piecing it together I can use squirrelmail to pipe the email into
something so that if a use finds a false positive they can hit the
"release" button and the message is sent on to the recipient.
Squirrelmail sends the message as you would receive it as stored in
maildir format.

I need to take this format and translate it to send it on to the user.

Wondering what is the best way to do that. Something that translated it
into bsmtp format would be great. I'm sure thare must be something out
there. I just haven't found it yet.

Thanks in advance.