[Dovecot] Who all accessed my dovecot server?

Robert Schetterer rs at sys4.de
Wed Jul 3 12:04:21 EEST 2013

Am 03.07.2013 10:53, schrieb Frerich Raabe:
> Am 7/3/2013 10:32 AM, schrieb pvsuja:
>> I have set up a mail server with dovecot as IMAP/POP3 server, postfix
>> as MTA
>> and roundcube as web mail client.
>> Other mail clients such as Thunderbird is also being used for mail
>> access.
>>
>> Now as a security policy in our organization, I want to know the IP
>> addresses of the machines from which my mail server was accessed.
>>
>> Is there any monitoring tools to get these details?
>
> A cron job doing
>
>   grep "imap-login: Login:" /var/log/maillog
>
> might do the job already. The 'rip=' part of the matches tells you the
> remote IP. Instead of /var/log/maillog you might have to check another
> file (it depends on your Dovecot setup).

graphic realtime logging may also be done out of syslog by using some
monitoring solution like nagios , xymon, zabbix etc

this might give you ideas, hove to code your own stuff

http://sys4.de/de/blog/2013/04/02/monitoring-logfile-entries-logwatch/

http://sys4.de/de/blog/2013/01/10/xymon-dovecot-count-imap-pop3-logins-graph-central-rsyslog-server-ubuntu-lucid/

Best Regards
MfG Robert Schetterer