[Dovecot] Crashes with 2.2.4 setup that worked perfectly with 2.2.2 (.2.3 also crashes)

Trever L. Adams trever at middleearth.sapphiresunday.org
Tue Jul 9 01:35:47 EEST 2013

On 07/08/2013 04:45 AM, Trever L. Adams wrote:

> On 07/08/2013 04:00 AM, Eugene wrote:
> > Hi Trever,
>
> > Actually the first line seems to suggest an attempt to allocate 2GB
> block. The question is why it wants to do that =)
>
> > Best wishes
> > Eugene
>

> And I have no reason why.
>
> Thank you for your help,
> Trever

In 2.2.3 did mailbox handling change? I use maildir. Some of the folders
do have a lot of messages, but very few large ones (I believe my postfix
setup limits things to 10M per message).

Also, this happens on any login kerberos or not. I have an LDAP that is
used to test for accounts (this is where it says it is crashing),
Kerberos for Authentication and PAM which looks at the LDAP/Kerberos.

Nothing but dovecot software changes between working and non-working.

Trever