[Dovecot] Multiple Folders Continually Auto-Created

Cassidy Larson alandaluz at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 01:50:05 EEST 2013

I've had reports of a number of clients running Outlook 2011 on Mac where
they have quite a few folders with the same name appended by multiple
"1"s.  So far I've only narrowed it down to Outlook 2011 on Mac.  We've
been in the process of migrating to sdbox on a new server from maildir
using dsync backup.

Example folder structure:

INBOX
INBOX 1
INBOX 1 1
INBOX 1 1 1
INBOX 1 1 1 1
INBOX 1 1 1 1 1
INBOX 1 1 1 1 1 1
INBOX 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
INBOX 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
INBOX 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
INBOX 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1

Junk
Junk 1
Junk 1 1
Junk 1 1 1
Junk 1 1 1 1
Junk 1 1 1 1 1
Junk 1 1 1 1 1 1
Junk 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
Junk 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1

and so on for "Sent Messages", etc.

Seems that the the default folders for these clients are getting created
over and over again, each time with a new "1" at the end.

Anybody else see this?  I'm digging for a client I can troubleshoot with
and reproduce with me watching.

Thanks,

-c