[Dovecot] piegonhole sieve prepending header lines with an extra space

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Wed Jul 24 17:10:10 EEST 2013

Op 7/24/2013 3:30 PM, Stephan Bosch schreef:
> Op 7/24/2013 1:04 PM, Anand Kumria schreef:
>>
>> As I said, my suspicions are on 'mail_crlf_save = yes', since that
>> *is* specifically modifying the headers associated with the message.
>>

> This setting has no effect on Sieve redirect since the message is not
> saved. However, redirect does use Dovecot functionality that filters
> headers and fixes line endings. What could be happening here is that
> the header of the message is somehow consolidated into one big
> Delivered-To header.
>
> I'll discuss this some more with Timo.

As you suggested earlier, this change may have something to do with it:

http://hg.rename-it.nl/dovecot-2.2-pigeonhole/rev/e439789e3211

The reporter of the bug that led to this change indicated that Exim
presents strange behavior when the message mixes LF and CRLF line
endings in the header. Since your next-hop MTA is also Exim, this may
have the same root cause.

Please try to apply this change and see whether this problem persists.
If this fixes it, I should make a new release soon.

When the problem persists, try to capture the outgoing message before it
enters the MTA, e.g. by pointing sendmail_path to a shell script that
saves the message somewhere. That way we can see what mail is actually
being sent to the MTA.

Regards,

Stephan.