lazy_expunge mangles dovecot-acl-list

Christoph Bußenius busseniu at in.tum.de
Thu Jun 12 13:41:29 UTC 2014

On 06/12/2014 03:06 PM, Florian Tischler wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 12. Juni 2014, 11:53:26 schrieb Christoph Bußenius:
> Interestingly a doveadm acl debug recreates dovecot-acl-list:
> doveadm acl debug -u user2 user/user1/Folder

A quick fix is to just delete all empty "dovecot-acl-list" files in a
cron job.  They will get recreated as soon as they are needed.

> A question because you mention 2.2.13, is acl + lazy_expunge working for you
> with 2.2.13???

Actually we are not using 2.2 on our main mail servers. Before I
reported this bug, I reproduced it with the current 2.1 and 2.2
dovecots, but I did not do much testing in these setups.

> 2.2.13 fails for me completely with unknown namespace .EXPUNGED as soon as a
> user shares a folder. (as long as nothing is shared everything is file)
> Reproducible with: doveadm acl set -u user1 Folder user=user2 rights...
> 2.1.17: doveadm acl debug -u user2 user/user1/Folder everything is fine.
> 2.2.13: unknown namespace .EXPUNGED, user2 cannot login anymore.

I just checked. I get the same error. As soon as user2 issues the "LIST"
imap command, the imap connection is dropped and the log shows

dovecot: imap(user2): Fatal: lazy_expunge: Unknown namespace: '_EXPUNGED.'

Thanks for the warning.. At some point we would like to upgrade to 2.2
too, but we are going to need ACLs and lazy_expunge.

>> protocol imap {
>>     imap_client_workarounds = tb-extra-mailbox-sep
>>     mail_max_userip_connections = 20
>>     mail_plugins = acl imap_acl acl
>> }

Btw, to reproduce your bug, I had to add "lazy_expunge" to the imap section.

Cheers,
Christoph

--
Christoph Bußenius
Rechnerbetriebsgruppe Informatik und Mathematik