attn rick van rein (midget)

Laeeth Isharc laeeth at laeeth.com
Wed Jan 14 17:42:18 UTC 2015

 From 11 Oct 2013 (Rick van Rein)

"Hello,

I love Dovecot, but when developing a small IMAP tool, I ran into searching
behaviour can easily be optimised. Please forgive a rather detailed
suggestion.
This was on Dovecot 1.2.15 on Debian Squeeze.

My tool? It's called "midget" and retrieves documents from an IMAP box
based on
their mid: or cid: identifier, as per RFC 2392. I thought this would be
useful
to retrieve email attachments into a remote shell environment. When using
Kerberos, the credentials and a strong hint of one's mail address are
already
present anyway, DNS SRV does the rest. If you want to see the early
code, I'll
be happy to share it here."

Hi Rick.

Thanks for the suggested optimisation - I am not sure if it is you who I
have to think for contributing towards making IMAP search fast again.

In any case, if you see this I would be interested to see the source for
midget if you are willing to share.  If you don't want to post to the
list then my email is laeeth

at

laeeth.com

Thanks.