\ help, permissions =

alvin alvin.sm at Mail.Linux-Consulting.com
Tue Jul 28 21:28:37 UTC 2015

hi josh

> Try turning off Apparmor.  When I did the same OpenSuSE upgrade,
> Apparmor messed up my dovecot installation with similar errors.  I
> disabled Apparmor and the permissions issues disappeared.  BTW, I gave
> up trying to re-configure Apparmor and have left it disabled with no
> issues.

i also do periodic rolling updates from suse-11.x to 12.x to 13.x
on the same server and now just run suse-factory and need to
tweek some apps/settings

in your case, i'd also check suse iptables rules and also maybe
it's an issue with /etc/init.d vs systemctl

systemctl enable dovecot && systemctl restart dovecot

---> what is the output of systemctl status doveoct

pixie dust
alvin
- http://IPtables-BlackList.net