Dovecot under Linux with mail-extension and case insesitiv

Peter Chiochetti pch at myzel.net
Wed Jul 29 22:08:32 UTC 2015

Am 2015-07-29 um 22:42 schrieb Sascha:
> Hello,
>
> i use doevecot 2.2.18 current. My Problem is with email-extension and
> case sensitiv folders.
>
> Example:
> user+extenstion will be delivered to the user and subfolder extenstion
> so this is okay.
> but user+extenstion will not be delivert to the user and exiting
> subfolder Extenstion so that is not okay.
> The mail will be also delivered in the subfolder extension. The exiting
> Folder Extension will not used.
>
> Give's a way to tell dovecot, use the extension as a Folder, if a
> exiting folder with Upper/Lower Cases will be detect and use the right
> folder to delivery?

Speaking German natively, I think I have an advantage of understanding
against native English speakers, still I have a hard time making sense
of your mail. That said:

I successfully use sieve to deliver/sort addresses with a "detail", (the
part after the plus (+) sign) into different folders.

Maybe that helps you, or others?

--
peter