Dovecot and IPA

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu m3freak at thesandhufamily.ca
Mon Sep 7 20:58:12 UTC 2015

On Mon, 2015-09-07 at 20:37 +0300, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> It says "tried to use unsupported auth mechanism". In your later mail
> you say that telnet shows AUTH=GSSAPI in capabilities. So that would
> mean that the client isn't using AUTHENTICATE GSSAPI but something
> else.

I'd been considering that perhaps my version of Evolution was too old,
so I upgraded from Fedora 20 to Fedora 22: still doesn't work. :/

> Set auth_debug=yes and/or see what the client actually does by
> enabling pre-login rawlog: http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Debugging/Rawlog

Alright, I enabled it. I have some logs, but I'm not clear on what I
should and shouldn't include here. Can I just copy and paste both in
and out logs verbatim without inadvertently giving up my passwords or
something??

Regards,

Ranbir

--