Maildir Expunged GUID mismatch for UID

Steven Xu steven.xu at lba.ca
Fri Sep 30 13:39:25 UTC 2016

Dovecot version:2.2.25

Since we used to keep our email files on widows server, I made the following
changes   in  maildir-storage.h

#define MAILDIR_EXTRA_SEP ','

#define MAILDIR_INFO_SEP_S ":" to "+".

Everything seems working except EXPUNG,  The dovecot log is flooded by
messages like following:

imap(xxxxx): Error: Mailbox INBOX: Expunged GUID mismatch for UID 7039

Then I read the source code, and found the following lines in
maildir-sync-index.c

T_BEGIN {

           guid = maildir_uidlist_lookup_ext(ctx->mbox->uidlist, uid,

                                    MAILDIR_UIDLIST_REC_EXT_GUID);

           if (guid == NULL)

                 guid = t_strcut(filename, ':');

           mail_generate_guid_128_hash(guid, guid_128);

      } T_END;

I have to change the code to guid = t_strcut(filename, '+');

So,  should MAILDIR_EXTRA_SEP be used here instead of  ':'?

Thanks,

Steven