Re: tlsv1 alert unknown ca: SSL alert number 48

baskar anand baskaranand_n at rediffmail.com
Mon Jan 30 06:30:07 UTC 2017

Hi, Caloro. Greetings.

  configure the below setting in 10-ssl.cong (My version is dovecot2.2.222)
  SSL protocols to use =
    This will clear that error. But you may get with same error while
   trying to access with different security setting with Thunder Bird client.
On Sun, 29 Jan 2017 04:52:20 +0530 Maurizio Caloro  wrote

Hello together

Please i'am new to this list, i have already installed Postfix and

Dovecot last version from Internet

but i have the porblem that the mail do not arive, and with me Cert, i

have read on the Dovecot site,

but i don't have me found me solutions to fix this. "tlsv1 alert unknown

ca: SSL alert number 48"

Jan 28 22:42:44 dovecot: imap-login: Disconnected (no auth attempts in 0

secs): user=, rip=192.168.1.16, lip=192.168.1.3, TLS: SSL_read()

failed: error:14094418:SSL routines:ssl3_read_bytes:tlsv1 alert unknown

ca: SSL alert number 48, session=

# dovecot --version

2.2.27 (c0f36b0)

i think that the settings about Cert are done, but if connecting with

Thunderbird i will become this error

"tlsv1 alert unknown ca: SSL alert number 48"

Please you can point me to the right direction, so i can run this

Mailserver on me RaspverryPi.

Regards

Mauri

--

"10-ssl.conf" i have editing and Dovecot and Postfix reloaded without

problems.

# SSL/TLS support: yes, no, required.

ssl = yes

ssl_cert =