Authdb NSS module

Eugene eugene at bright.gdn
Mon Jul 15 02:54:10 EEST 2019

Hello!

Upgrading manual tells that authdb [NSS module was removed][1] some time ago.

[1]: https://wiki2.dovecot.org/Upgrading/2.3#line-100

> userdb nss was removed. Use userdb passwd instead.

Can this change be reverted?
I'd like to use only libnss_sss.so.2 as dovecot userdb source. It's also essential for me to enable files backend in nsswitch.conf so the system could use local user db. At the same time dovecot must not see local users at all. Authdb NSS module could help me there.
The other solution would be to use another instance of nsswitch.conf for dovecot authdb passwd module. Is it possible?

Thanks!
--
Eugene Bright
IT engineer