auth-worker fatal signal 11 core dump

Anthony Carrico acarrico at memebeam.org
Wed Apr 5 18:40:19 UTC 2023

On 4/5/23 10:31, Aki Tuomi wrote:
> Hi!
> The crash occurs inside libldap.
> Aki

Thanks Aki,

It was against openldap 2.6.3. Subsequently, I tried openldap 2.6.4
which is in nixpkgs unstable, but I wasn't able to test this because of
an issue at the Portunus/openldap end of things.

I think I'm out of time for experimenting with ldap for now, but I may
come back around to this later.

In addition to Portunus/openldap, there is some movement in NixOS to
package lldap, another option for managing users
(https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/pull/197362).

Under Courier IMAP, we just used files, but as I experiment with
Dovecot, I'd also like to look into a simple and secure method to allow
virtual users to manage passwords. What are people using?

--
Anthony Carrico