Special authentication use case

Philippe MARASSE philippe.marasse at ch-poitiers.fr
Thu Feb 2 13:09:45 UTC 2023

Folks,

I'm trying to configure dovecot SASL with two use cases :
   - First with XOAUTH2 : I've managed to get it working, pretty right
out of the box, developers have done a great job :-)
   - Second with Client TLS Certificate with no luck.

Let me explain, the certificate brought by the client does not have any
clue of associated email, I have to check that username (=email) sent by
the client is really related to some information included in the
certificate (I have to extract the OU and then lookup into a table of
authorized mails for that OU).

Is it possible to do that with dovecot ? I think yes but I'm looking for
direction to achieve that. Lua maybe ?

Our configuration :
   - OS : Debian 11

$ /usr/sbin/dovecot --version